Announcing N|Solid 4.8.0
IMPORTANT: This release of N|Solid v4.8.0 contains contains amazing features like Distributed Tracing support and OpenTelemetry support, it also contains latest Node.js versions: v14.20.0 (LTS) and v16.16.0 (active LTS), few updates and stability improvements.
NodeSource is excited to announce N|Solid v4.8.0, which introduces a new feature:
Distributed Tracing support: tracing support for multiple applications sharing requests and/or microservices architectures is added in this version, a new section to gather information throughout the lifecycle of an HTTP/DNS/Other request traversing multiple Node.js applications is now available at N|Solid Console providing a comprehensive overview of the communication between multiple services being monitored by N|Solid Console.
OpenTelemetry Support: N|Solid has added support for some OpenTelemetry features:
- It provides an implementation of the OpenTelemetry TraceAPI which allows the user to instrument their own code using the de-facto standard API.
- It also supports the use of lots of instrumentation modules available in the OpenTelemetry ecosystem.
- It support exporting traces using the OpenTelemetry Protocol(OTLP) over HTTP.
With this feature is now possible to send N|Solid runtime monitoring information (metrics and traces) to backends supporting the OpenTelemetry standard like multiple APMS (Dynatrace, Datadog, Newrelic).
For detailed information on installing and using N|Solid, please refer to the N|Solid User Guide.
There are three available LTS Node.js versions for you to use with N|Solid, Node.js 16 Gallium, Node.js 14 Fermium.
- N|Solid v4.8.0 Fermium ships with Node.js v14.20.0.
- N|Solid v4.8.0 Gallium ships with Node.js v16.16.0.
- The Node.js 14 Fermium LTS release line will continue to be supported until April 30, 2023.
- The Node.js 16 Gallium LTS release line will continue to be supported until April 30, 2024.
Supported Operating Systems for N|Solid Runtime and N|Solid Console
Please note that The N|Solid Runtime is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 1909 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
- macOS 10.11 and newer
- RPM based 64-bit Linux distributions (x86_64):
- Amazon Linux AMI release 2015.09 and newer
- RHEL7 / CentOS 7 and newer
- Fedora 32 and newer
- DEB based 64-bit Linux distributions (x86_64, arm64 and armhf):
- Ubuntu 16.04 and newer
- Debian 9 (stretch) and newer
- Alpine 3.3 and newer
Download the latest version of N|Solid
Need a helping hand?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get the best out of Node.js, try [N|Solid SaaS] now! , an augmented version of the Node.js runtime, enhanced to deliver low-impact performance insights and greater security for mission-critical Node.js applications. #KnowYourNode