Worker Threads Monitoring in N|Solid [6/10] The best APM for Node, layer by layer.
Worker Threads Monitoring
They have proven to be the best solution for CPU performance due to the following features:
- They run a single process with multiple threads.
- Executing one event loop per thread.
- Running single JS Engine instance per thread.
- Executing a single Node.js instance per thread.
Img 1 - Tracing - N|Solid
Gather information about a Worker Thread in production?
Last year we announced the addition of Worker Threads support in N|Solid. We are sure that Worker Threads are a powerful feature in Node.js that allows developers to build more complex and robust applications. Still, we also know that Organizations have had a significant challenge in adopting Worker Threads (despite their value) due to the lack of tooling and visibility on what's happening inside the threads.
Img 2. Worker Threads detail in N|Solid
With N|Solid, customers have in-depth metrics of each worker thread just as they previously leveraged them on the main thread in production 😱. If you want to learn more about how to view Worker Thread insights in N|Solid read this article.
Why Worker Threads Monitoring in N|Solid is different?
N|Solid Console was made to support worker thread metrics from the beginning. Our interface supports worker threads unlike any other APM; we have the power to take a CPU profile or a heap snapshot of any worker thread on the fly. You also can straightforwardly pinpoint each thread.
Img 3. Worker Threads in N|Solid Console
We've extended all our tooling into worker threads, where no one else has. Any company implementing Worker threads has no option but to use N|Solid if they wish to monitor worker threads.
- Advantage: View In-depth metrics of each worker thread.
- Benefit: Identify opportunities to improve the performance of CPU-intensive work.
Have in-depth metrics of each worker thread just as they have leveraged them previously on the main thread.
- Debug and find solutions for any problems while using threads in production. - Seamless, integrated, with zero overhead, backward compatible, and includes CLI support.
N|Solid is the only tool that allows you to inspect the worker thread and identify issues at this more profound level.
Demo Video — Worker Threads Monitoring in N|Solid
When reviewing our application, we can see the process and the number of associated worker threads in the central Console. You can select a maximum of 2 threads out of the 17 in this process to perform a comparison, specifically reviewing:
- Event Loop Utilization - CPUUsed - Memory - host load - async data - event-loop - Internal Activity You also can create Heap Snapshots; only one thread can be selected. Or we can also create a CPU Profile, as explained in more Depth in CPU Profiling video.
Want to try N|Solid?
Do it right now! 🏃🏿♂️🏃♀️, We release in Openjs World 2022 some codes to redeem 50% in 8 or 12 processes in our SaaS version.
50% OFF USING:
- 8 processes OPENJS-8T
- 12 processes OPENJS-12T
Or sign up for our FREE option for 4 processes and get started with N|Solid!