Need to Node – Volume 58
We are excited to share our first Need to Node of the year! In this volume we highlight the most important things that happened across the Node.js project along with the best NodeSource articles of 2019. The following links are based on impact on the ecosystem and popularity.
You are always welcome to collaborate and participate. Please let us know if we missed a piece of content you think should be included!
The Best of the Node.js Project
- Node.js Meetups - check out Node.js meetups around the world, or add your local Meetup chapter to the list.
- Node.js Calendar - don’t want to miss any Node.js event? Check the Node.js Foundation calendar.
- Node.js 12.x I was released in April, and entered LTS mode in October. Follow the progress of Node.js 12 here.
- Node.js 6.x and 8.x reached End-of-Life (EOL) on April 30th and December 31st 2019 respectively.
- Node.js Turned 10 years on May 27th! Special thanks to all Node.js contributors, collaborators, and people who have helped it become the fastest growing open source project on earth. We are excited for the next 10 years!
- There were two Node.js Collaborator Summits in 2019, one in Berlin, Germany on May 30-31 and the second one in Montreal, Canada on 13-14.
- The Summit is a place where active contributors to the Node.js project meet and discuss the latest news, releases, features, issues and anything relevant to the ecosystem.
- Check the help repo of Node.js. If you need help with the runtime, just post an issue or if you prefer to get help via live chat you can try this IRC or gitter.
- Announcing Node.js Certification From the Open.js Foundation The certification program is designed to demonstrate competence with the Node.js framework, allow developers to establish credibility, give recognition of expertise, and help with career advancement.
- Announcing core Node.js support for ECMAScript modules
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Understanding Streams in Node.js
- Understanding Worker Threads in Node.js
- Choosing the right Node.js Framework: Next, Nuxt, Nest?
- Deploying Node.js microservices to ZEIT ▲ Now
- Using Node.js to Create Powerful, Beautiful, User-Friendly CLIs
- A Look at Experimental Features in Node.js
- Avoiding 5 Common Challenges in Node.js
One Last Thing...