Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - September 25th
Last week we had some pretty unique and interesting updates landing just before Node Interactive. Several high level discussions, improvements around docs, and more came in from various WGs - some exciting things are coming for Node.js soon!
📰 News from the Working Groups
- A PR adding more examples for the N-API was submitted and merged, adding useful context for those that are interested in digging in.
- An issue discussing the submission of Node.js-specific MIME types was created by Bradley Meck and has had some discussion but a general +1 from the TSC members who have responded so far.
- An issue discussing the possibility of Node.js participating in Google Summer of Code was created to gauge interest in participation and begin planning a submission to participate, if there’s interest.
- An issue to discuss simplification of scripts the Benchmarking WG uses for the benchmarking process was kicked off.
- The tentative day for Node.js 8 to become an official LTS release line has settled on October 31, with the work to make this happen finalizing a few days prior.