Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - October 15
As the Node.js 8 LTS quickly approaches, we’re seeing a strong flow of code-centric activity org wide. That said, in addition we’re also seeing a continued push on governance and sustainability work from the WGs and Committees.
Here’s the recap of that work from the past week:
📰 News from the Working Groups
- A proposal was submitted to create an Automation Team, to consolidate and enable more automation across the Node.js project.
- The TSC is currently looking into defining new and budding core initiatives, and finding champions for those initiatives.
- The Security WG is working on documenting a process for reporting third-party vulnerabilities, i.e. those in ecosystem modules.
- Code and Learn is looking for someone to help out with writing a guide on environment, troubleshooting, and pre-session preparation.
- Scope of the Moderation Team is currently actively being discussed in order to help align the entire Org’s expectations with that of the Moderation Team.
- Additionally, discussions around the process of reporting around CoC violations and the definition of such processes are underway.
📦 Project Releases
None this week!