Need to Node – Volume 61
In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest news on the Node.js Security Release, the announcement of OpenJS World, and Yarn 2.
Check out this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest in the Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate. Please let us know if we missed a piece of content you think should be included!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- New Node Security Releases this week. There will be new security releases of Node 10, 12, and 13 on February 4th. It includes a security fix for one issue of ‘Critical Severity’ and two issues with ‘High Severity issues. The release also includes stricter HTTP parsing.
- The OpenJS Foundation Conference has settled on a name: OpenJS World!. The CFP closes on February 21st, don’t miss the chance to speak at this awesome conference happening in Austin, TX on June 23 and 24th!
- A new issue is being progressed o issue relating to the update of Node.js 12x libuv to 1.34.1 or 1.34.2.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Introducing Yarn 2 ! 🧶🌟 The first stable release of Yarn 2 is now available, it contains some fundamental changes and features including: redesign of the output, improve readability, the codebase is now full TypeScript and others. If you’re a Yarn user, consider upgrading - by Maël Nison
- How to Build a Speech to Emotion Converter with the Web Speech API and Node.js If you ever wondered how to make Node.js check to see if what you say is positive or negative, don’t miss this article! By Diogo Spínola
- Anonymous Web Scraping with Node.js, Tor, Puppeteer and cheerio. Web Scraping is the technique of extracting data from websites, in this blog post you can learn how to do it anonymously due to the fact that many web servers apply rules to websites which ban IPs after a certain amount of continuous requests - by George Gkasdrogkas
- 5 Best Practices to Write Quality Arrow Functions The arrow function deserves its popularity. Its syntax is concise, binds
thislexically, fits great as a callback, to learn more don’t miss this blog post! By Dmitri Pavlutin
- Closing ngAtlanta & NodeAtlanta. The third edition of ngAtlanta and the first edition of NodeAtlanta was canceled due to lack of sponsors and reduction of ticket sales - by ngAtlanta
Node.TLV, March 3 — Tel Aviv, Israel — Said to be the "the first-ever 100% Node.js focused conference in Israel".
One Last Thing...