N|Solid is a superior Node.js platform enhanced to help you build, manage, secure, and analyze mission-critical Node.js applications.Get Started
Need to Node – Volume 12
Change is in the air for Node.js! On top of the recent release of Node.js 10, the project itself has also had some updates across the board. Here’s a quick recap of just a few of the highlights from the last two weeks in Node.js:
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- The Benchmarking WG is discussing a reported dip in the performance of cached
requires that has been apparently occurring for some time now.
- email@example.com shipped with some new functionality!
- The Berlin Collaborator’s Summit is right around the corner, with quite a bit of work being put into it by various parties.
- The Security WG is discussing how they can go about better reporting CVEs now that the Node.js project has a CVE block rather than reporting it to Mitre and hoping they assign a CVE in an appropriate timeframe.
- The Build WG is discussing the possibility of integrating Jenkins and the new GitHub Checks API, pending some exploration into the work that needs to be done.
- The i18n initiative has begun using the GitHub Projects feature to manage their progress, and is seeing some level of success with it already!
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- VS Code Live Share is a super awesome multi-user experience for VS Code and Visual Studio announced at Microsoft Build last week.
- Orchestrating Node.js Containers with Kubernetes by Eric O’Rear shows you how to start using Node.js for microservices with Kubernetes.
- Guess.js was announced at Google I/O last week and bring machine learning to the web for data-driven user experiences.
- The Microsoft Edge DevTools Protocol was announced last week, putting another competitor into the DevTools space. Exciting to see this moving forward!
- local-repl is a module that enables you to configure your Node.js REPL on a project-by-project basis.
- I recently published How You Can Start Contributing to Node.js Today and you should definitely check it out.
One Last Thing...