Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - May 29, 2017
Last week was the week Node.js 8 was released. We saw a ton of activity in the Node.js Org from the Working Groups that surrounded the release, in addition to lots of community building work.
News from the Working Groups
- A PR to charter Node.js Release and LTS Working Group has been made
- This was discussed further in the LTS meeting on June 5th
- An issue was raised in the nodejs.org repo about removing the FAQ section of the website
- There was also a PR opened that implements this change
- Discussion around the candidate areas of the TSC and Community Committee are happening
- There’s a proposed update to the moderation policies that applies to all groups under the Node.s GitHub Org
- Discussion around a "first-steps" contribution guide for participating in the Node.js Community Committee begun
- Lots of awesome work being put into the Node.js Electron Installer. There’s a PR open to add base scaffolding for the project.
- Canary in the Gold Mine