Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - May 22, 2017
The last week was the prelude to the release of Node.js 8 - an important milestone for the project. There was a great amount of activity around the project on both new technical directions and community-centric efforts.
- Discussion around use cases Web Workers in Node.js was started in the first issue in a new nodejs/workers repo. Feedback welcome!
- Downloads of the Node.js binaries from nodejs.org are no longer packaged for RHEL5/CentOS5
- Work is being done on a universal Node.js Installer desktop app, based on Electron in the nodejs/installer repo
- Interested in helping? The group is looking to build out an MVP right now and would like help!
- The Node.js Community Committee has several discussions going on around:
- A proposal for a secretary role in the Community Committee
- A discussion about Moving NodeTogether to the Community Committee
- An ask from the Node.js Foundation around expanding the reviewers for the Node.js Collection