Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - January 1st, 2018
Due to the holiday season, we’ve not published a Last Week in Node.js for a few weeks - so, this week will cover some of the highlights in the Node.js project over the holiday. There is a lot that happened, covering everything from new programs from the Security WG to a redesign of the Node.js website.
📰 News from the Working Groups
- The Security WG is continuing its push on the Early Disclosure Program, looking for more participants that would benefit from building Node.js before security releases.
- The Release WG is working on building out a publicly consumable API for Node.js releases.
- An issue around build tooling was raised to the TSC regarding transitioning away from gyp and moving to Bazel, a Java-based build tool.
- An observer of the Community Committee has put extensive effort into building out a base for a mentorship program in the Node.js project - it is currently in the process of moving the work into the Node.js GitHub organization.
- The Website WG is going to begin moving forward with a redesign of the official Node.js website after several barriers to a full redesign have been addressed.
- The Diagnostics WG is planning a Summit in Ottawa, CA on February 11th and 12th
- There’s been a continued discussion in the Benchmarking WG about the performance impact of async_hooks.