Need to Node – Volume 67
Need to Node is a weekly bulletin designed to keep you up-to-date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events and articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate. Please let us know if we missed a piece of content you think should be included!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node.js turns 11 years old!
- Webinar: New and Exciting Features to Land in Node.js version 14 - By Santiago Gimeno
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
Deno 1.0 Released. Some of the most important features include:
- First Class TypeScript Support without additional tooling
- Rust APIs - Deno is built in rust.
TypeScript 3.9 Released including a variety of editor and performance improvements, also tweaks to inference and
- Second-guessing the modern web. It is possible to solve things in a better way than single page applications? Find out in this article! By Tom MacWright
...argsin ES6 replaced the arguments object, we don’t use
join()to concatenate strings and template literals are much better. Find out more here!
- Build A REST Service With Fastify. Fastify is a high-performance HTTP framework for Node.js. Fastify focuses on speed, and it’s inspired by ExpressJS and HapiJS. Check out this article to find out how to build a restful service using fastify.
- ES2020: Everything You Need to Know there are very cool new features like:
Optional Chainingamong others. Check it out!
One Last Thing...