Need to Node – Volume 57
In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest news on the Open.js Foundation, QUIC Protocol and ways to become a better Node.js developer in 2020.
Check out this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate. Please let us know if we missed a piece of content you think should be included!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- New npm Products and a Glimpse Ahead. npm announced the launch of
npm Teams, the new name for the product formerly known as npm Orgs (the feature set remains the same).
- npm Release: 6.13.4. You should upgrade as soon as possible on all your systems to fix a vulnerability allowing arbitrary path access.
- There will be a phone call on Friday December 20th at 8am Pacific Time to go through a QUIC PR to help move forward the PR and the Protocol.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- 20 ways to become a better Node.js developer in 2020. Find a compilation of 20 useful skills, technologies and considerations to become a better Node.js developer for the upcoming year! - By Yoni Goldberg
- How to dockerize your Node.js Express application for AWS Fargate? AWS Fargate makes it possible to run containers ‘serverlessly’ (essentially it’s all managed for you automatically behind the scenes) - by Michael Wittig
- The Node.js Security Handbook Learn how to improve the security of your Node.js app with this Node Security checklist - by Sqreen
One Last Thing...