Need to Node – Volume 56
Check out this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate. Please let us know if we missed a piece of content you think should be included!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Announcing core Node.js support for ECMAScript modules Node.js 13.2.0 ships with support for ECMAScript modules, known for their import and export statements. This support was previously behind the--experimental-module flag, which is no longer required; however the implementation remains experimental and subject to change - by Node.js Foundation
- Publishing npm Packages Without Meta Files. When publishing, npm allows you to either exclude certain files or include only the files you want. They work opposite of each other so you have to decide on the approach you want to take - by Node.js Foundation
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Easier Node.js streams via async iteration Working with Node.js streams is much more pleasant if we use asynchronous iteration. This blog post explores how to do that. Check it out! - by Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
- A First Look at Github Actions. GitHub Actions, the new offering for CI/CD and other automated workflows, is just out of beta and looks promising. Check it out! - by Jason Karns
- Create a RESTful API Using Mongoose, Joi and Hapi.js. Mongoose connects Node.js and MongoDB, Joi validates the data and schema, and Hapi provides the webapp framework. - by Coding Shiksha
- 5 Things I love about Strapi, a Node.js headless CMS, including: getting started in less than 2 minutes, GraphQL out of the box, permissions, relations and others - by Michele Riva
One Last Thing...