Need to Node – Volume 55
In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest updates on Node.js and npm, a Node.js feature livecoding and an article to understand
streams in Node.js.
Check out this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate, please let us know if we missed a piece of content you think should be included!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node.js Feature Livecoding in this incredible talk, Anna shows how to implement a basic feature and getting it ready to go into Node core - by Anna Henningsen
- Node.js 12.x runtime now available in AWS Lambda you can now develop AWS Lambda functions using the Node.js 12.x runtime, which is the current Long Term Support (LTS) version of Node.js
- Natural language processing for Node.js If you want to use Node.js with NLP, check out this article! This tutorial covers the natural library.
- Node v12.13.1 (LTS) released. This minor release includes improvements on experimental support for building Node.js with Python 3, and updates to ICU time zone to version 2019c. This fixes the date offset in Brazil.
- npm v6.13.1 relased
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Understanding Streams in Node.js if you are new to streams and you are having problems understanding them, don’t miss this article! - by Liz Parody
- A declarative way to cache PostgreSQL queries using Node.js. In this article you can find out how to use Slonik (PostgreSQL client for Node.js) and node-cache to demonstrate the usual way to implement cache and a declarative way to add cache to your existing codebase.
- Writing A Multiplayer Text Adventure Engine In Node.js: Adding Chat Into Our Game. In this tutorial, you can learn the basic design of a chat server using Node.js and socket.io, the basic interaction with the UI, and how to integrate the chat code into the existing UI - by Fernando Doglio
- How to Publish NPM package with GitHub Actions - by Matej Jellus
- 7 libraries to consider when building Node.js CLI this article covers different aspects of a CLI like interfaces to prompt, colored text and progress indicators - by Frin Yvonnick
One Last Thing...