Need to Node – Volume 54
In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest updates on npm, updates from Node.js Modules team, and the release plan for Node.js v10.x Active LTS.
Check out this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate, please let us know if we missed a piece of content you think should be included!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- ESM in Node.js has been unflagged! A few weeks ago, the Node.js modules team reached a consensus on unflagging ES Module support in Node.js, and it finally happened. This could take place in Node 13 in the next week with a deadline of the end of January for unflagging conditional exports.
- firstname.lastname@example.org released. This release comes with 2 exciting new features! The first one: a new look for the browser CLI docs. The second: support for a new funding property in package.json;
npm fundwill provide more visibility to npm users on what dependencies are actively looking for ways to fund their work.
- There is an issue in the QUIC repo to add
qlogsupport; a standardized structured logging format for QUIC.
- There is a release plan for v10.x Active LTS. Check it ou!
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Publish an NPM Package in 7 Minutes. In this video, you can find an easy way to publish your package in 7 minutes - by Hays Stanford
- Generating PDFs with Node. In this article, you can find three options to generate PDFs with Node.js: PhantomJS, Puppeteer and Html-pdf-chrome - by Noa Heinrich
- TypeScript setup for Node.js with VS Code. If you are using TypeScript, VS Code and Node.js don’t miss this article! - by zaiste
- 30 seconds of code, a curated collection of useful JS snippets. If you want to do lots of interesting things with arrays, math, strings, vectors, and more, check it out. A handy resource.
- Querying SQL Server with Node.js. This article explores how to create a node web server, post data from a web page to use in a SQL server database query, and send the results back to a web page - by Gravity Well
One Last Thing...