Need to Node – Volume 53
In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest release on npm, updates from Node.js Modules team, and the next Code & Learn session hosted in Moscow.
Check out this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events, and awesome articles.
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- npm 6.12.1 Released A few minor bugfixes and Node 13 (released last week) is now an officially supported version.
- Node Modules team, reaches consensus on unflagging ES Modules support in Node.js Here’s a recording of the full discussion. This could take place in Node 13 in the next week with a deadline of the end of January for unflagging conditional exports.
- There is a Security Reporting Guideline in the package-maintenance repo, for reporting and disclosure of security vulnerabilities.
- There is an issue on how to build Node.js with QUIC enabled for new contributors.
- If you are in Moscow, don’t miss the Code & Learn session hosted on November 6th.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Hands-on guide: developing and deploying Node.js apps in Kubernetes Learning how to design and architect applications that leverage Kubernetes is the most valuable skill that you can learn to be successful in deploying and scaling your traffic to 30 million requests and beyond. Check out this article to learn more! - by Daniele Polencic
- How to test software: mocking, stubbing, and contract testing Learn about time-saving software testing techniques, and find the best tools for the job - by June Jung
- 7 Methods for Working With Directories in NodeJS In this article, you can learn the functionality provided by the
Fsmodule to show you seven different methods for working with directories and provide you with lots of code samples along the way - by Nick Major
- Four tips to building a good stripe integration with Node. Stripe is an increasingly common service for taking payments and if you’re using it to take payments via a Node app, check out this article! - by Ben Sears
- Learn how to upload files in Node.js and React.js with Formidable in 30 minutes. Uploading files can be difficult in Node.js, check out this tutorial to learn how in an easy way! - by Merunas Grincalaitis
One Last Thing...