Need to Node – Volume 47
In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest updates on the Node v12.7.0 (current) release, a complete guide to the Node.js event loop, and an upcoming webinar: Getting Started with NodeSource and AWS Lambda.
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node v12.7.0 (Current) Released the most notable changes in this release include:
- npm updated to 6.10.0
- Updated nghttp2 to 1.39.1
cgroupsto get memory limits. Now more accurately gets memory limits for setting maximum V8 heap sizes
- Added a new
policy-integritysetting to improve security if a policy file is amended
process.report.getReport()to return an Object instead of a JSON string.
- A complete guide to the Node.js event loop - by Piero Borrelli
- Introducing experimental integrity policies to Node.js - by Liran Tal
- Going Multithread with Node.js - by Michele Riva
- There is an issue to create mentorship meeting automation setup, in the
- If you are interested in the CPC and Board Meetings, check this tracking issue for updates.
- There is a new webcrypto repo for the implementation of WebCrypto API as an npm package.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Switch out your Node version and global npm install space in one command with Nave, with a slightly different approach to nvm.
- Node.js’ magical tips every developer should remember: 5 pieces of advice for Node.js developers including, use the Node.js shell, avoid using “*” in production dependency, and use nodemon for development and pm2 for production - by Tarun Gupta
- Visualize Google Analytics Data In A Node.js App
- If you are not familiar with NodeSource products, register to our webinar: Getting Started with NodeSource and AWS Lambda
One Last Thing...