Need to Node – Volume 46
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- How to use ECMAScript modules with Node.js - by Diogo Souza
- In case you missed it, Understanding Worker Threads in Node.js - by Liz Parody
- Check out this pull request to find out a useful list of questions and answers of Express.
- There is a long pull request for updating the Quic protocol to ngtcp2.
- There will be a release 1.7.0 in the node-addon-api soon. In this issue you can check the progress.
- Upcoming metadata changes in V8 7.6 requires the adjustments in llnode. Check out this issue for details.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- In case you were not able to attend, check out on-demand Node.js Best Practices: Error Handling - by Liz Parody
- Finally… A Post on Finally in Promises A quick explanation of when finally will fire when using a promise - always. - by Sarah Drasner
One Last Thing...