Need to Node – Volume 45
This weeks news include a Tour of Node 12's New Features, A Complete Getting Started Guide with AWS Lambda with Node.js, and the upcoming NodeSource webinar: Best Practices for Error Handling!
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- A Tour of Node 12's New Features new Node.js 12 features will see it disrupt AI, IoT, and more surprising areas - by Adam Polak
- How to use ECMAScript modules with Node.js - by Diogo Souza
- Comparing the Stream API and (async) generators in Node.js v10 the Node.js Stream API has been around for a long time and is used as a uniform API for reading and writing asynchronous data - by Daishi Kato
- In the Community Committee there is a disscusion on how to improve the Code & Learn session.
- There is an issue on where, how and who to maintain
node-gyp. Check it out!
- There is an issue for analyzing to remove foundation and board teams.
- Check out this issue to find out the OpenJS Summit i18n WG Session Agenda.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Register now to NodeSource webinar: Node.js Best Practices: Error Handling with Liz Parody
- Setting up and using TypeScript in Node - by Ben Awad
- The minimal Node.js with Babel Setup - by Robin Wieruch
- How to recreate the GitHub contribution graph with Node.js and Google Sheets an interesting approach to creating a GitHub-style ‘contribution’ visualization based upon data pulled from Google Sheets - by Anne-Laure Le Cunff
- How To Master Async/Await With This Real World Example Async/await is the best way to write asynchronous code. It is built on top of promises, therefore, it is also non blocking - by Adrian Hajdin
- AWS Lambda with Node.js: A Complete Getting Started Guide In this post, you can learn about AWS Lambda, serverless, and how to build a scalable image processing app using AWS Lambda and Node.js - by Samuel James
One Last Thing...