Need to Node – Volume 41
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- There is a long pull request in the ecmascript-modules for refactoring the
scoped --typein cpp, since with the current implementation, there is an edge case of
--typethat doesn't quite work.
- In the package-maintenance repo, there is a pull request for support files, including:
- The support tag become a support file
- All the values are lower-case as suggested during the OpenJS Summit
- Add new keys as discussed in the issue
- The mentorship repo is being discussed to add Barbra as a knowledge repository to supplement its mission of empowering and teaching the Node community.
- The Quic protocol needs a lot of testing as it was suggested in this issue If you want to help with the implementation, that's probably the one area that would be the most valuable for the protocol.
- In the Security Working Group of Node.js, there is an ongoing discussion for the current state of signed packages
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Awesome Node almost 600 curated Node.js packages, resources and links - by Sindre Sorhus
- How to build a Node.js eCommerce website for free the stack used for the eCommerce is: Node.js, Stripe, Heroku, Netlify, CircleCI, Mailgun - by Adrian Mejia
- How To Mock Services Using Mountebank and Node.js Learn how to mock all kinds of service behavior so you can more easily develop and test your apps - by Dustin Ewers
- When Should You Be Using Web Workers? You should always use Web Workers. And in the current landscape of frameworks, it’s virtually impossible. Check out this blog post to find out why!
- Porting Your Node.js Web App to Serverless in 30 Minutes Live-coding session will guide you through the process of migrating an existing Express application to AWS Lambda.
- NodeConf Colombia is coming this 21 and 22 of June! NodeSource will be sponsoring, if you are around, check our booth!
One Last Thing...