Need to Node – Volume 39
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node.js Turned 10 years old this week! Special thanks to all it's contributors, collaborators, and people who have helped it become the fastest growing open source project on earth. We are excited for the next 10 years to come!
- In less than two weeks, the Node+JS Interactive CFP will close, so hurry up and submit your proposal!
- The Node.js project is starting its second round of mentorship 🎉 there are 10 brilliant mentors covering several Node.js topics. Learn more about the mentors and topics here and you can sign up here before June 10th.
- Node v10.16.0 (LTS) Released - A minor update to the production LTS branch, mostly oriented around dependency updates (libuv, Unicode, npm, OpenSSL), implement a method to use promises with EventEmitterbut and zlib gets Brotli support.
- There are follow-ups to be made now that Collab Summit is over - one of them is Node.js Collection and Social Media of the community committee.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Last week at JSConf EU in Berlin, CJ Silverio launched Entropic, a self-hosted federated package registry.
- Package Registries are trending now! Check out Verdaccio 4: A Private npm Registry and Cache
- ICYMI: GitHub Package Registry: Pros and Cons for the Node.js Ecosystem - by Liz Parody
- Join us for a webinar on June 11th: Node.js and Serverless - an Evolving Space, Gaps and Benefits
- From PHP to Node with Zeit's lambdas and Cypress.io - by Krasimir Tsonev
One Last Thing...