Need to Node – Volume 31
The Node 6 LTS will reach the “End of Life” in just 3 weeks, which means you should make plans to upgrade (if you haven’t already done so). Also, the popular library
request is going into maintenance mode.
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Check the latest release of Node v11.13.0 (Current), which features:
- The Node 6 LTS is going to reach its “End of Life” in just three weeks, check the latest release of Node 6, which could well be the final release in this series.
- Easily identify problems in Node.js applications with Diagnostic Report - by Gireesh Punathil
- The mentorship program of Node.js is moving forward! Mentors are encouraged to create a mentorship bio following this issue and If you want to be a mentee of cohort 2, please complete this form
- There is an issue in the node-core-utils repo to detect CI status from the GitHub API.
- There is currently an issue in the admin repo to create nodejs/perfetto to replace the
trace_eventsimplementation and make tracing more robust.
- There is a new startup performance strategic initiative in the Technical Steering Committee for making Node.js more viable for tooling, mobile, and serverless use cases.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Request is going into maintenance mode, this is what you need to know - by Liz Parody
- Deploying Node.js microservices to ZEIT ▲ Now - by Julián Duque
- npm, Inc. Job Cuts Leave Staff Sore - by Thomas Claburn
- Getting creative with the Console API! - by areknawo
- The Event Loop in Node.js - by Marcin Wanago
- Pro Node.js tips - by Fernando Doglio
One Last Thing...