Need to Node – Volume 30
We have reached the volume number 30 of Need to Node! 🎉
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- A new ECMAScript Modules (ESM) Implementation was merged in Node.js, it has been experimentally supported since Node 8 and it’s planned to become stable in Node 12.
- Easily identify problems in Node.js applications with Diagnostic Report. The report was recently brought into the Node.js core to help developers identify almost all scenarios of Node.js application anomalies in production.
- There is currently an open pull request describing OpenSSL maintenance strategy for OpenSSL 1.1.1. in the Technical Steering Committee of Node.js.
- There is a new Build from Node v10.15.3 In the Readable Stream repo, fixing when async iterator promises are not resolved after stream end.
- There is an upcoming Collab Summit session! And a new issue has been opened calling for Good First Issues in the nodejs.dev repo. The idea is to onboard other collaborators who may not be familiar with the summit.
- There is an initiative in the Security Working Group of large-scale disclosure guidelines for undisclosed vulnerabilities lurking in the long-tail of npm packages.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- The popular module Request is going into maintenance mode - by Mikeal Rogers
- Introducing experimental integrity policies to Node.js it provides integrity checks for a Node.js runtime when modules are being loaded, in order to verify that the modules code haven’t been tampered with. - by Liran Tal
- Build a Cron-Job in Nodejs - by Chidume Nnamdi
One Last Thing...