Need to Node – Volume 29
There has been a lot of meetings and work done by the Node.js organization after the launch of the OpenJS Foundation.
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Check the latest release of Node v11.12.0 (Current), which features:
- Check the help repo of Node.js. If you need help with the runtime, just post an issue or if you prefer to get help via live chat you can try IRC or gitter.
- There is an open pull request to add a draft publishing guideline in the package-maintenance repo.
- There is an ongoing discussion about exploring who is interested in being Node.js representative at Cross Project Council (CPC) in the admin repo. If you are interested, don’t hesitate to reach out!
- Members of the Community Committee are discussing how to improve the inclusion of Node.js developers towards achieving a better and stronger Node.js project and ecosystem. Incentivizing people to become a contributor or collaborator of the project.
- If you’re looking on how to get started with QUIC implementation for Node.js core, check this issue.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Choosing the right Node.js Framework: Express, Koa, or Hapi? this blog post explores the differences between three of the most popular frameworks in Node.js: Express, Koa, and Hapi - by Liz Parody
- Announcing NestJS 6: What’s New? - by Kamil Mysliwiec
- Maintaining global state in AWS Lambda functions with Async Hooks - by Colin Eberhardt
- An introduction to the hapi Node.js Framework Hapi is an interesting alternative to Express and Koa. This article explores the basics of the framework. - by Paul Halliday
- How to Hire Node.js Developers in 2019: Best Tips, Rates, and Options
- Setting Up a Node.js Project With Typescript - by Jordan Irabor
One Last Thing...