Need to Node – Volume 27
Check this Need to Node volume to keep updated with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node v11.11.0 (Current) has been released, including date object, compact depth mode for
util.inspect(), improve integration with native add-ons, and
MessagePort.prototype.onmessagewith arguments closer to the Web specification.
- Also, in the latest release, you can now monitor event loop delay from Node.js using the perf_hooks.monitorEventLoopDelay() API. It creates a Histogram object that samples and reports the event loop delay over time.
- There is an ongoing discussion about using a bot for dependency management for the Node.js website.
- Some older Knowledge Base articles need to be reviewed to confirm that they are still relevant. If you want to contribute, check this issue.
- The Collaborator Summit Call for Sessions is open! To submit your proposal, please complete this form.
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- npm Inc. Launches 'npm Enterprise' - this blog post provides details on the new npm Enterprise solution and explains how it differs from the existing open source npm.
- Serverless Functions In Depth - by Nader Dabit
- Announcing New NodeSource Pricing for Smaller Teams Using Node.js - By Mike Nedelko
- How to built a Node.js Service to Clone AWS S3 Buckets - By Rajesh Babu
One Last Thing...