N|Solid is a superior Node.js platform enhanced to help you build, manage, secure, and analyze mission-critical Node.js applications.Get Started
Need to Node – Volume 19
The past few weeks have had some interesting activity across the organization while we prepare for the release of Node.js v10 LTS release, while juggling security releases, dependency updates, and an upcoming Foundation-sponsored event.
Check out some of what’s happened in the Node.js GitHub organization over the past week:
What’s New in the Node.js Project
A PR was opened against Canary in the Gold Mine (CITGM) to add two CLI commands:
citgim-all --auditList. These commands greatly improve the developer experience of the tool.
The TSC is kicking off a new web standards team to begin integrating and working with the groups that create web standards.
- The Node.js Security WG is discussing the possibility and feasibility of implementing Membranes in Node.js as a security feature.
- A new Security Advisories repo was spun up, seemingly to create a more central location for the vulnerabilities that the Security WG is tracking and publishing.
- The core team is discussing an initial pass at implementation of Policies in Node.js.
Shipped This Week
email@example.com, along with two quick patches.
- Latest is ](https://github.com/nodejs/security-advisories
firstname.lastname@example.org, also with an additional two patch releases.
- Latest is ](https://github.com/nodejs/citgm/releases/tag/v3.2.0
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- V8 6.9 release post, including massive WASM performance improvements thanks to Liftoff.
- Node.js Security Release Summary for the August 2018 security releases to all active release lines.
- Serverless Docker Beta from ZEIT
- Embedded Builtins on the V8 blog by Jakob Gruber
- Out with the Old, in with the Awesome by Tierney Cyren
One Last Thing...