Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - October 9th, 2017
Coming out of the gate last week, we saw a ton of activity across the Node.js GitHub organization that stemmed from discussions and work done at Node.js Interactive in Vancouver.
📰 News from the Working Groups
- node-report, a tool built to deliver human-readable diagnostic summaries, may be added to Node.js core as a new module.
- A PR adding definitions around the Node.js Security Team membership and policy has been created, beginning to address a lack of such documentation in the past.
- An issue in the administrative repo for the Node.js GitHub org was created to discuss adding the
Good First Issuelabel to all public repos across the org, with the goal of encouraging new contributors to engage easily.
- A proposal was submitted to form a Governance Working Group to help drive updates to the governance of the Node.js project.
- The Benchmarking WG is looking to add the Ghost blogging platform as a core benchmark.
- The N-API is working toward stepping out of being flagged as "experimental", with only a few tasks remaining.
- A discussion about the organizational changes for Node.js that were discussed at the Collaborator Summit in Vancouver was submitted to the TSC.
- A PR that adjusts voting rules of the TSC was submitted to help alleviate cases where a PR may be blocked, not based on objections or issues but based on time locking.
📦 Project Releases
None this week!