Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - October 22
Last week we saw discussions and updates from across the org focusing on renewing efforts around enabling smoother processes and collaboration. From the WG and meetings
News from the Working Groups
- The Release WG has begun work on planning out the next few releases of Node.js 6 and 8 LTS for Q4 2017 and Q1 2018, excluding unexpected security releases.
- The Security WG is having a discussion in a proposal for an early disclosure program around security releases for Node.js core.
- An initial draft of the official CVE management process for Node.js was submitted via PR to the Security WG.
- The TSC is discussing removing the requirement for a semver-major bump when errors are updated, given that error codes are shipping in Node.js 9.
- A new team focusing on building out better automation tooling for the Node.js project is bootstrapping currently, and looking for interested members.