Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - March 13, 2017
In the past week the Node.js Working Groups have seen a good week of activity, with several highlights and multiple releases. Some key highlights: an official npm account for the Node.js Foundation has been created, discussion surrounding Node.js 6 LTS features, and Node.js ChakraCore updates.
- 👥 There is now an official nodejs-foundation npm account. [Issue]
- This account will be associated with Node.js foundation projects such as readable-stream, and node-report.
- 📝 The LTS WG is discussing what may make it into the next Node 6 minor version. [Issue]
- 💬 The nodejs-github-bot will soon be able to start CI test builds via GitHub comments. [Pull Request]
- 🚧 The Streams WG is discussing a potential move from Travis CI to the Node.js Jenkins infrastructure. [Issue]
- 📈 The nodejs-chakracore project is working on citgm compatibility for testing compatibility with the module ecosystem. [Issue]
WG Project Releases 📦
- node-inspect 1.10.6 (npm)
- readable-stream 2.2.6 (npm)
- node-gyp 3.6.0 (npm)
- Comes with support for building native add-ons with Visual Studio 2017.