N|Solid is a superior Node.js platform enhanced to help you build, manage, secure, and analyze mission-critical Node.js applications.Get Started
Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - July 31st
Last week there was an enormous amount of activity in the various WGs and projects across the Node.js organization. If the past few weeks are any indicator, this amount of activity has become the norm rather than the exception. Last week we saw activity from across the org - updates from the Installer, Website, Docker, Security, and more.
News from the Working Groups
- A PR to React-ify the Node.js Installer was reviewed and merged, with some remaining TODOs.
- A PR to remove the Events page from the Node.js website was submitted - the removal is due to the page being unmaintained, and being out of date. If you’d like to help maintain this, reach out to the Website WG or the Community Events team!
- An issue to discuss a
alpine:edgeDocker image was created in the Docker WG.
- A PR to add arm64 support to the Docker Images was created, and has had some ongoing work and discussion.
- An issue noting a possible 3x performance overhead on the N-API implementation in Node.js v6 was created in the N-API repo.
- A final issue, following the prior PR, announcing that HTTP/2 landed in nodejs/master was created
- An issue to establish language guidelines for repos that fall under the Community Committee was created
- A PR to add clarity about becoming a member of the Community Committee was created and has been extensively reviewed.
- An issue to kick off a CVE management process for Node.js was submitted to the Security WG
- Two PRs were submitted to work on defining a Node.js Vulnerability schema and reporting mechanism
- Canary in the Gold Mine