Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - July 17th
Continuing the trend of high activity every other week, we're had a slew of updates in the WGs and repos over the past seven days. I've included the non-technical updates below, but there was also an abnormally high amount of code and highly-technical contributions - exciting stuff is happening!
📰 News from the Working Groups
- An issue was opened to discuss how the Build WG wants to continue handling SSL certificates for nodejs.org and iojs.org
- An issue to kick off work for validating downloadables via the CI process was created and is looking for more input/contributions
- Discussion in the CTC repo around an upcoming release about TurboFan and Ignition for Node.js 8 continued throughout the week
- PRs in both the CTC and CommComm were submitted to finalize the move of the Evangelism WG to be under the CommComm
- The foundation for the Node.js Electron Installer was merged over the weekend
- A PR adding an initial pass at the Node-DC-EIS to the benchmarking setup
- An issue in the TSC repo was created to kick off a discussion around enabling 2FA for the entire Node.js GitHub org
📦 Project Releases
- None this week!