Last Week in Node.js Working Groups - August 21st
Node.js had a pretty busy week both in the repos and in the community last week, to say the least. Here’s a recap of a suite of the discussions and additions that happened over the last seven days:
📰 News from the Working Groups
- Last week a vote from the TSC was surfaced about Rod Vagg and membership on the TSC and CTC. The vote to remove Rod Vagg from the TSC failed, and was then made public.
- Rod has made a public response in a CTC issue.
- Following discourse around the vote, a suite of PRs aimed to improve the TSC repo and governance were submitted:
- A PR to order TSC members by GitHub handle was submitted.
- A PR to begin the process of merging the CTC and TSC back together was submitted.
- A PR around TSC member term limits, mediation, and removal requirements was submitted.
- An older PR around moderation was heavily updated.
- A PR enabling Working Groups to override a TSC decision was submitted.
- An issue proposing private repos be moved to a different GitHub org was created.
- Additionally, on Monday we saw four members resign from the TSC: addaleax, nebrius, mylesborins, fishrock123
- In the Build WG, there was a request for a CI job to test N-API.
- In the N-API repo, a PR was submitted adding documentation on migrating
📦 Project Releases
- None last week!