The 21 Most Awesome Awesome Lists for Node.js Developers
As a Node.js developer looking to always grow, I'm constantly encountering new technologies, new tooling, and new tricks to learn. In modern development, I don't think anyone can really outrun the growth of the industry and all the amazing things being created on a daily basis.
One of my absolute favorite tools that I've found to be a source of never-ending knowledge has been awesome lists. An awesome list is a collection of links, tips, or other useful information surrounding a specific topic - topics like Node.js.
That said, because Node.js has evolved so quickly, there are volumes of topics that are extremely rich. Luckily, many of these topics have an awesome list associated that contain absolutely amazing resources.
This is a collection of some of the best awesome lists that are part of or are highly relevant to Node.js itself. Each one of them is an absolute gold mine of resources to start using to grow as a Node.js developer.
Awesome Node.js - Core Learning
At the core of every Node.js application is... Node.js. These two lists will get you up and running with Node.js, npm, and the most awesome and essential resources for Node.js.
- Node.js - Main awesome list of Node.js packages and resources, covering many different facets of Node.js.
- npm - A list specifically for resources (articles, tools, packages, and so on) to help you with npm.
- ES6 Tools - Collection of tooling to enable using ES6 features right now, including transpilers, build system plugins, and polyfills.
Awesome Deployment - Shipping Code Wins
When it comes down to it, applications built with Node.js are usually deployed somewhere. Deployment was the part I struggled with consistently when beginning to play with building Node.js applications. Luckily, there are several awesome lists that are outrageously extensive on various deployment methods.
- Linux Containers - Running or deploying Node.js applications in a containerized environment? This is one of the most comprehensive lists of resources surrounding containers and containerization you'll find.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - AWS is a common choice for deploying Node.js apps to the cloud - TONS of fantastic resources here about AWS.
- Docker - Whether you're getting started with Docker to deploy Node.js, or want to expand your containerization skill, you'll find something of interest in this Docker awesome list, featuring everything from general articles to community meetups.
- Kubernetes - Orchestrating containers (especially with Node.js applications) is a growing playing field, and Kubernetes has been one of the dominating players. This list is a bountiful resource to begin orchestrating containerized applications.
Awesome Tools, Frameworks, and Protocols - What Applications are Made Of
When it comes down to it, Node.js has been massively successful because of the ecosystem that developers have been able to build around it - thanks to the way Node.js enables that ecosystem. Here are just a handful of the best awesome lists based on various members of the Node.js ecosystem.
- Electron - Suite of things build for and with Electron, including real-world applications, boilerplates, articles, videos, tips and more.
- React - Behemoth list of high-quality resources for React, covering just about every concept, methodology, and implementation in the React ecosystem.
- React Native - Massive collection of resources React Native, covering nearly every possible aspect of React Native imaginable.
- Webpack - Curated list of Webpack loaders, integrations, articles, videos, examples, and more, with content for those who are new and those who are experienced with Webpack.
- Vue - Selection of both official and community Vue.js examples, tooling, snippets, components, and projects.
- TypeScript - Resource for a suite of TypeScript-related materials, including essential resources, plugins to work better with TypeScript, and a suite of TypeScript tools.
- Maintenance Modules - Tiny set of mostly tiny modules, all built to improve the experience of developing and maintaining modules.
Other Awesome Node.js Lists
There are, unsurprisingly, a few collections of fantastic resources that are relevant to Node.js, but aren't necessarily directly related or central to building applications, modules, tools, and so on. This is, again, a small collection of awesome lists that are relevant to Node.
- Chrome DevTools - Compilation of a variety of projects based on the Chrome DevTools tooling, by the DevTools team.
Just one more thing…