Need to Node – Volume 49
In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest updates on the Node v12.8.0 (current) release, a microservices guide blog post, and information on an upcoming webinar: Getting Started with NodeSource and AWS Lambda.
Check out this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node v12.8.0 (current) Released, not a big release, but the minor changes focus on:
- Crypto: the
maxmemrange is increased from 32 to 53 bits
- n-api: added APIs for per-instance state management
- Report: network interfaces get included in the report
v8.getHeapCodeStatistics()is now exported
- Crypto: the
- npm 6.10.3 Released this release adds better support for GitLab shorthands and better error handling and reporting when users encounter EACCES on their cache folder.
- There is a tracking issue in the admin repo of Node.js to update on CPC and Board Meetings.
- There is an issue in the Community Committee of Node.js to have fewer conflicts from biases/assumptions in communication styles/conventions and make the communication mediums more accessible.
- Check out this issue of Nodejs.dev repo to integrate API JSON as an async data source.
- Request Id Tracing in Node.js Applications tracing the same HTTP request through log entries can be a problem in Node.js. Learn how to use Request Id to improve your logging - by Andrey Pechkurov
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- If you want to get more familiar with NodeSource products, register for our webinar! Getting Started with NodeSource and AWS Lambda
- kkExplain like I'm 5: Microservices in Node.js discover how microservices work in Node.js with fun examples! - by Liz Parody
yieldin them, check out how you some practical uses in this blog post!
- Pkg Stats: npm Package Discovery and Stats Viewer an easy way to see downloads and usage of popular npm packages.
- How I'm writing Nodejs Serverless services these days - by Ewan Valentine
- Handling and dispatching events with Node.js A look at how to create, dispatch, and manage events using EventEmitter and the events module - by Adewale Abati
One Last Thing...