Need to Node – Volume 48
In this volume of Need to Node, you can find the latest updates on the Node v10.16.1 (LTS) release, a cartoon guide to the Node.js EcmaScript Modules, and information on an upcoming webinar: Getting Started with NodeSource and AWS Lambda.
Check out this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news on the Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node v10.16.1 (LTS) Released, not a big release, but the minor change focuses on upgrade OpenSSL sources to 1.1.1c (bug-fix focused, not security). Also a small fix on Stream and Worker:
- A Pragmatic Overview of Async Hooks API in Node.js in this blog post, you can see some real-world use cases for this API - by Andrey Pechkurov
- New Node.js 12 features will see it disrupt AI, IoT and more surprising areas - by Adam Polak
- A Demo of Node's Forthcoming New Diagnostic Report Tool At this week’s Node.js Diagnostics WG meeting, Chris Hiller gave a demo of some new tooling around diagnostic reports
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- If you want to get more familiar with NodeSource products, register for our webinar! Getting Started with NodeSource and AWS Lambda
- Monorepos and npm. A ‘monorepo’ is when you store the code for numerous projects or modules in a single repository, rather than keeping them separate. Lerna is a popular tool for working with monorepos with npm, but npm 7 will introduce first-class monorepo support.
- NodeJS logging made right in this article you can learn how to create trace IDs and dig deep into how you can utilize Proxy to make it work with ANY logger - by Andrey Goncharov
- Top 4 Tactics To Keep Node.js Rockin’ in Docker Four tips for using Node in a Dockerized environment - by Bret Fisher
- How to build a real time chat application in Node.js using Express, Mongoose and Socket.io - by Arun Mathew Kurian
- Looking at the Optional Chaining ES Proposal Boils down the proposal to the need to know essentials.
One Last Thing...