Need to Node – Volume 35
Node.js v. 12.1.0 and 11.15.0 were shipped, there is a new Cross-Project Council representative within the new OpenJS Foundation, and enrollment in the second cohort of the mentorship program of Node.js closes soon!
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node.js v12 was recently shipped, but the Node team likes to keep up the pace, so 12.1.0 is here with mostly minor bugfixes, including:
- Update ICU to 64.2.
- Fixes a bug in ICU that affected Node.js 12.0.0 in the case where
new Date().toLocaleString()was called with a non-default locale
- Added an overload EmitAsyncDestroy that can be used during garbage collection
- Node v11.15.0 (Current) Released which features:
- If you are interested in joining the second cohort of the mentorship program of Node.js, fill out this form. Hurry up! It closes on May 17, 2019.
- The Node.js Community Committee (aka, the CommComm), has a new Cross-Project Council representative within the new OpenJS Foundation! Congratulations to Joe Sepi
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Electron 5.0.0 Released the popular system for building Node and Web technology-based desktop apps was released with upgrades, fixes, and new features.
- Easy Automatic npm Publishes this blog post explores how to best to automate the process, especially when dealing with multiple branches.
- A Curated Compilation of Node Best Practices It covers topics such as error handling, code style, testing, going to production and security practices.
- Babylon.js 4.0: The (Very) Powerful WebGL Graphics Engine This version of Babylon.js is a major step forward in one of the world’s leading WebGL-based, graphics engines. Check it out!
- Node.js TypeScript #12. Introduction to Worker Threads with TypeScript - by Marcin Wanago
- Using ES6 and npm modules in Google Apps Script
One Last Thing...