Need to Node – Volume 32
Last week a new Enterprise Focus group of Node.js and a new release Node (v11.14.0) both launched.
Check this week’s Need to Node to keep up to date with the latest news in Node.js project, events, and awesome articles. You are always welcome to collaborate and participate!
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- Node.js has a new Enterprise Focus group! Learn more about what they do and how you can get involved.
- The OpenJS Foundation is Official! Now What?. Find out what’s been going on since the merger and the best ways to stay up to date.
- The outreach initiative has three open issues looking for help in community events, content and contributions. If you are interested in helping members of the Node.js community, this is a great way to start!
- There is an open pull request on the node-gyp repo to update to V3.x.
- New Features Bring Native Add-ons Close to Being on Par With JS Modules - by Gabriel Schulhof
- Check the latest release of Node v11.14.0 (Current), which features:
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- N|Solid is available for the Google Cloud Run on GKE serverless platform
- The Results of the Annual Developer Survey from Stack Overflow are in! This year, nearly 90,000 developers weighed in on how they learn and level up, which tools they’re using, and what they want; check out all the survey results here
- A Statement From npm, Inc.: 'We Are Sorry'
- Node.js inside-out - Modules API rediscovery - by areknawo
- History of Node.js on a Timeline - by Gergely Nemeth
- Simple Websocket Example with Nodejs
One Last Thing...