Need to Node – Volume 21
As we build up toward Node+JS Interactive, Node.js v10 LTS, and the release of Node.js 11, the project is having some deeper discussions around features landing in LTS. Beyond that the Community Committee's efforts are redoubling for the same reasons.
Check out some of what’s happened over the past week:
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- The User Feedback Initiative had its first Online Node.js Meetup this month, planning on holding the next one in November (due to Node+JS Interactive).
- The Node.js Community Committee has heard back from the Node.js Foundation legal team regarding specific updates to the Community Committee Charter to finalize membership updates that have been on hold since April.
- If you’re headed to Node+JS Interactive, there’s an issue with a bunch of different events happening around the conference that you may be interested in.
- There’s an ongoing discussion at the TSC-level about shipping recursive
fs.mkdir()in Node.js v10
- The first, short run of the Node.js Mentorship program has concluded. With that, one of the mentees filled out a rather extensive mentorship diary that is – honestly – incredible.
Shipped Last Week
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- nlp.js - An NLP library built in node over Natural, with entity extraction, sentiment analysis, and automatic language identification.
- How Developers Can Defend Open Source from the EU Copyright Proposal by GitHub
- Azure DevOps shipped last week, consolidating several Microsoft services and introducing some new ones.
One Last Thing...