Need to Node - Volume 11
Node.js 10 has now shipped and Node.js 4 is about to be one of our dearly departed. Quite a lot has happened in Node-land over the past few weeks, all leading to the work that happened last week. Exciting things ahead all around!
Here’s a quick recap of just a few of the highlights from the last week in Node.js:
What’s New in the Node.js Project
- The Node.js project released Node.js 10
- As of the date of publishing, Node.js 4 is EOL. This means no further bug fixes or security patches.
- In a cross functional effort, the Security WG and the Docker WG are discussing the speed of shipping updated Docker images once a Node.js security release has been shipped.
- The node-chakracore team is actively building releases again, and have a pre-release version of Node.js v10 on ChakraCore.
- The TSC election nomination process is nearly at a close, and the TSC members will begin voting starting the day after this post is published.
- The Community Committee is currently in a holding pattern on updating their approach to membership, in addition to adding a CommComm Director board seat (taking over one of the Individual Membership Director roles).
Awesome Articles, Links, and Resources
- Public Node.js User Feedback Session (Enterprise Edition) on the Node.js YouTube channel
- We’re putting on a free Node.js meetup and paid Node.js training in London next week and would love to see you there!
- async-stream-generator: A module to pipe ES6 Generators through streams.
- Containerizing Node.js Applications with Docker by Eric O'Rear
One Last Thing...
If you’ve got anything you’d be interested in seeing or have any awesome articles, modules, or other resources in the Node.js community, feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at @NodeSource to share - our DMs are open if you don’t want to share publicly!